The NYWC Women’s Empowerment Series is a set of skill-based programs that focus on building women’s strengths and personal power. The series consists of three 9-week modules. You can take one, two, or all three of the programs in the series and in any order.
Discovering our Power is the first program of the three-part Women’s Empowerment Series. In this group, you will:
- gain an understanding of difficult emotions and the affect they have on your wellbeing;
- identify your personal assets;
- learn coping strategies to draw on in stressful situations; and
- build self-esteem and confidence.
Group discussions and interactive activities will help you to create connections with other women, and gain strength and knowledge in a safe environment.
Exploring Our Potential is the second program of the three-part Women’s Empowerment Series. In this group, you will:
- examine needs, priorities and options for making changes to improve your life; and
- consider goals and steps to take to reach them.
Tasks and activities will allow space for you to have “me time” along with time to share and learn from other group members.
Asserting Ourselves is the third program of the three-part Women’s Empowerment Series. In this group, you will:
- consider how you interact with others;
- develop skills to effectively assert yourself; and
- learn about healthy relationships and how to deal with difficult relationships and social situations.
Group activities provide opportunities to practice these skills with others in a safe and comfortable space.