We envision a world where all doors are open for all women
NYWC is a community of diverse women. We work to advance equality and empower women to effect positive change.
The following guiding principles should inform and guide all aspects of the agency’s functioning. We define our guiding principles as:
- Promoting equity, equality and social and economic justice for all women, and
- Working within a framework of anti-oppression, anti-racism and feminism*.
We practice feminism by:
- Asking questions from a women’s perspective,
- Acknowledging a power imbalance to the disadvantage of women, and
- Demanding that women’s personal experiences become recognized in public policies.