We envision a world where all doors are open for all women
NYWC is a community of diverse women providing resources and support to effect positive change. We deliver this in a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment for all women in the community of North York and surrounding areas
The following guiding principles should inform and guide all aspects of the agency’s functioning. We define our guiding principles as:
- Promoting equity, equality and social and economic justice for all women, and
- Working within a framework of anti-oppression, anti-racism and feminism*.
We practice feminism by:
- Asking questions from a women’s perspective,
- Acknowledging a power imbalance to the disadvantage of women, and
- Demanding that women’s personal experiences become recognized in public policies.