The NYWC Drop-In Lounge For Women
Join us every Friday from 1 to 2 p.m. on Zoom
Although our physical drop-in lounge is closed due to COVID-19, we are currently running virtual lounge sessions online via Zoom every Friday from 1 to 2 p.m. Our team is working remotely and remains committed to supporting you as best we can. If you need support or information, please reach out to us at 416-781-0479 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come and bring friends every Friday from 1 to 2 p.m.!
Our virtual drop-in lounge offers a safe and supportive space for you to connect with other woman-identifying and non-binary folks of all ages, learn together, share experiences, promote hope and wellness and get access to NYWC staff and volunteers in a relaxed setting. The Women’s Lounge fosters networking, support and knowledge-sharing each week. Join us and you’ll enjoy:
- A warm welcome from NYWC staff
- Conversation, companionship and engagement
- The benefits of supporting, empowering and mentoring each other
- Discussions on topics such as wellness, self-care, parenting, legal issues and other topics suggested by you and other participants. Share your questions and advice.
- Movies, games and fun activities
- Access to more information about other NYWC services such as 1:1 support, Women’s Empowerment Series Groups and other resources.
Some activities of The Women’s Lounge over the years have included:
- Participants sharing their skills with others, such as knitting, yoga and meditation
- Holiday sharing and celebration
- Fitness, nutrition and health-related workshops
- Financial literacy and skill development workshops
- Legal education workshops on family and immigration law
- Arts, crafts and other creative activities
- Group volunteer activities
- Field trips to museums and television tapings
- Being there for each other, supporting each other, and reminding each other of our value – providing emotional support
Accessibility of Our Women’s Programs
North York Women’s Centre recognizes the dignity and worth of all people and is committed to providing services fairly and equitably. NYWC strives to be accessible to all woman-identifying and non-binary people regardless of their race, ancestry, colour, creed, ethnicity, place of origin, citizenship, immigration status, age, disability, sexual orientation, receipt of public assistance, political affiliation, religious affiliation, literacy level, language and/or socio-economic status. We aim to create a harmonious environment free from discrimination, harassment and hate.
Talk with us about accommodations you need to participate fully in our programs and services.
Here’s what one participant had to say about her experience with the NYWC Women’s Lounge:
"The pandemic has left me crying and feeling lonely and depressed sometimes, but this group has reminded me that I am not alone. Another participant has cancer, too, and through this lounge we were able to share our experiences and ideas. The fellowship and camaraderie I felt in the group alleviated those feelings of despair with laughter and friendship. I looked forward to each meeting as a special blessing to me."